Avalos Announces Hiring of Cvercko

Stanley Brewster

Blue-Turf Admin
Staff
Nov 27, 2003
Boise Idaho
www.blue-turf.com
Cvercko.jpg
BOISE, Idaho – The Boise State football team has added Jason Cvercko (suh-VUHR-ko) as director of recruiting operations, head coach Andy Avalos announced Thursday.

Cvercko had spent the last two seasons at Washington State, serving as the chief of staff.

“Jason brings with him a wealth of knowledge in helping to run and operate a football program, and understands that the lifeblood of a program’s success starts and ends with recruiting,” Avalos said. “Every program he has been involved with has found success, and that is a direct result of his ability to assist coaching staffs with identifying talented student-athletes that fit the cultures of the teams he has worked with. We are very fortunate to have him joining the Bronco family.”

While with the Cougars, Cvercko reported directly to the head coach and was responsible for all logistics related to operations and recruiting. He implemented Wazzu’s entire recruiting system utilized by the coaching staff and oversaw all facets of the recruiting department.

“I am extremely grateful to Coach Avalos and his staff for giving me this opportunity,” Cvercko said. “Having previously worked in the Mountain West, I had always held Boise State in high regard. The Broncos have been the standard for a long time, and I am looking forward to helping continue that tradition well into the future.”

Cvercko also served as the football program’s liaison to campus and other areas of athletics, and represented the program on all Pac-12 football meetings. He also oversaw the Cougars’ football budget, coordinated all team travel and served as the team’s pro liaison.

Prior to joining the Cougars’ staff, Cvercko spent the 2016-19 seasons at Hawaii, including the final two as chief of staff. His first two seasons were spent as director of recruiting and retention.

Cvercko made the move to Hawaii after spending the 2015 season as the coordinator of recruiting operations at Nevada. Prior to Nevada, Cvercko served as the director of football operations at Stony Brook for three years (2012-14). Cvercko also worked at Massachusetts in 2011 as a recruiting and operations assistant, and at Connecticut from 2009-11 as a recruiting intern.

Cvercko graduated from UConn with his bachelor’s degree in sport management in 2011.

--broncosports.com--

Attachments

• Cvercko.jpg
    Cvercko.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 1
ADVERTISEMENT