ADVERTISEMENT

Let's talk about the O-Line... and John Ojukwu

Nathan Griffin

Staff
Sep 28, 2016
California
boisestate.rivals.com
I don't know all of you too well, but I already care about all of you. So here's a dose of football in between all those politics and some thoughts on Boise State's O-Line and John Ojukwu. I don't know how many people paid attention to Boise State's O-Line last season, but it was awful. I had heart attacks watching Rypien get hit just because Finley had already gone down from the lack of crucial blocks that should have been made. Right now our 2017 Commit Class is made up of 25% O-Line man and this is great for a couple reasons.

1. This allows us to have opportunities to have great depth at O-Line positions in case of injuries.

and

2. It also shows us that our O-Line is a big area of focus for BSU coaches to protect Rypien and give McNichols those holes to run.

Today, I want to focus on our most recent 2017 Commit: John Ojukwu.

At 6'6"/285 he's noticeably bigger compared to the D-Line he's demolishing and his own teammates. His stature and effort he puts into each down remind me a lot of Ryan Clady's playstyle. For anyone, curious the average size of Boise State's O-Line this year is 6'4" and a 1/2. From a quick run down he has strength, and size on his side which is something BSU desperately needs up front.

After watching most of his highlight films over the past hour or so, I have a small intuition telling me that Ojukwu is on his way to bring amazing talent to the Smurf Turf. Welcome to Boise State, John.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT