ADVERTISEMENT

Onesimus Lutu-Clarke down to BSU and OSU

MikeSinger

Gold Member
Mar 7, 2013
Hi guys, Mike Singer here from the Oregon State site. I wanted to pass along this article that I wrote this morning...

HONOLULU -- One of Oregon State's recruiting rivals during the 2017 recrutiing cycle has been the Boise State Broncos.

Oregon State has been recruiting 2017 Hawaiian offensive lineman Onesimus Lutu-Clarke for several months now. He has a top two of Oregon State and Boise State.

"For Oregon State, I just really love the community, the family bond that they have there," Lutu-Clarke said. "I'm really starting to believe coach Andersen's game plan that he has. He's proven it at Wisconsin, proven it at Utah State. Right now, Oregon State is on the verge.

"Not only that, but when I was over there, he told me that this is the place he wants to stay at. He just loves the Polynesian players that are over there."

Boise State has not been recruiting Lutu-Clarke very long, but they've made a very strong impression on him. They offered him during December and have been recruiting him really hard lately.

"The reason why I like Boise State is that the fact that they really run the ball," he said. "They go under center, really traditional. They have his blue-collar work ethic and that's something that really is big for me. I know that I'd get a good education there."

Lutu-Clarke will be playing in the Polynesian Bowl tonight at 8pm PT on ESPN3. His Polynesian culture means a lot to him.

"When I look at Boise State and Oregon State, I notice the Polynesians that are there. Boise State has maybe two or three; their pipeline isn't that strong. I was thinking that maybe I want to start that pipeline to Boise State. It's already strong at Oregon State," he said.

Lutu-Clarke officially visited Oregon State in November when the Beavs knocked off Arizona. Boise State will host him for a visit the weekend before National Signing Day.

He loved the cool weather in Corvallis and he hopes to get the same vibe in Boise, Idaho.

Lutu-Clarke, who notes that education will play a big role in his recruitment, does not have a conference preference.

"I don't watch a lot of TV, so I don't really know about the Pac-12 and Mountain West schools," said Lutu-Clarke. "As long as I know I'm going to a school that I'll love."

The 6-foot-5, 290-pounder make might a final decision right after his BSU trip or will wait until National Signing Day if he does not have his mind made up yet.

eb116rpqansfsakdfhsx

Reactions: MikeWittmann
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News