ADVERTISEMENT

Should we offer

Ramrod19

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2008
a 6' 2" 180 lbs WR from So .Cal? 4.5 40 bench 250 lbs squats 350lbs comes from a wishbone offense, great blocker, 23 catches and 6 td's senior year...3.2 gpa.

no film though....

what say you?

23 catches and 6 TD's in a wishbone offense isn't bad for a HS kid. But how can you offer without film?

What's the story??
Posted from Rivals Mobile

If he's OKG then for sure. We love our tall, physical, soft handed, terrific route running receivers.
Without a name/film/other info it's hard to assess lol

those were my stats from my senior year in high school :) definitely an okg ....

LOL Ram! I next question would be... what league did you play in?? Was it Trinity??

back then there were 3 divisions, not 12 like today. I played in D2 against teams like Fontana, Los Altos, Arlington, JW North Riverside etc... we scrimmaged against Servite with Steve Burline as their qb and whipped their ass 14-0. I also played corner, and between by junior and senior years we pitched 8 consecutive shutouts against league opponents. We made a run to the semi finals of the cif championships my junior year, and my senior year we were ranked #1 heading into the playoffs, and were upset in the first round in overtime. Glory days baby!!!

probably the most frustrating thing I experienced back in those days was the recruiting. There was one reel of game tape, there was a pecking order as to who got it first. Nowadays with all the recruiting sites, social media outlets and everyone having a camera phone, it's much easier to gain exposure.

How many years ago we talking?

I didn't graduate high school too long ago. I played receiver as well. Got an offer from Bethel College in Kansas (NAIA) ... This Florida boy wasn't ready to try on the little red slippers though
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I graduated in 1983 then played 2 years of JUCO ball.

On a side note look up the name Dick Bruich, he coached those great Fontana (Inland Empire) teams back in the day. His son is head coach at Redland East Valley (Darrell Acrey's old school) in the Inland Empire, a school Boise recruits pretty hard. Bruich is a legend around the So. Cal high school football scene. He's written books on offensive schemes and was 292-84-4 as a head coach. We also recruit the Fontana area pretty hard.

"Fontana High School

In 1975 Bruich joined the staff at [5] During his 22-year tenure Fontana won the 1987 National Championship, two state championships, two CIF championships, one CIF runner-up, four CIF semi-final appearances, twelve Citrus League titles, and twenty-two consecutive playoff[/B] berths."

ADVERTISEMENT