ADVERTISEMENT

Uh-oh. Is the writing on the wall?

Pigalow

Nov 8, 2012
Shay field flipping to USC ....I hate the possible reasons for that flip. I hope to goodness he's not following his head coach.

Btw, I'm a guest from the Indiana..

University football site(yes we do have football fans, & all 6 of us are rivals members!!), but Boise State has been my 2nd favorite team for several years, & it's due to ypour style of play, & the fact that you'll play & usualyl beat anyone. I still feel the loss at Nevada in 2010 was the most tragic, cruel, unjust(unjust toward the very noble cause of busting the BCS)& painful loss I've ever experienced in a game not involving IU. Travesty that still bothers me, who knows what may have come if either of 2 29 yard fielg goals couldv'e been made. Life ain't fair sometimes. That was bad college football as well, imho. Anyway, to modern times, it'll crush me if Peterson goes to SoCal. If he leaves Boise at all it'll suck, but to US F$%ing C? PLEASE lord don't let it happen. Need to stay the course with this team, a Mtn West title s still in the cards. even though I've never been a big Southwick fan(mostly due to his irratic accuracy, or inaccuracy at times)you need him back asap, this has been his best year. Also, I loved Doug Martin as a RB & was not at all shocked at his success in Tampa last year, & by the same Tolkien, I'm JUST as impressed with Jay Ajai--he CAN'T get too many carries, I don't care how many times he fumbles. Total Bada$$, one of the best RB's in the nation RIGHT NOW, & I expect to see him playing on Sundays eventually. Sooo strong & tough as a runner, & throw in that break away speed? He's bigger & maybe potentially slightly better than Doug Martin, but I don't want to in any way disparage Martin's skills. Anyway, I'm pulling for better days ahead, & the same man wearing the headsets for years to come. Good luck!!

Re: Btw, I'm a guest from the Indiana..

Hey ckossnar, welcome!

I just don't see Coach Pete going to USC ... but I'm sure a few SC fans will stop by shortly to tell me I'm wrong.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

I don't think things are as bad as some people do just a combination of NCAA scholarship limits, key players being excused/disqualified from the team over the summer and a lot of injuries this season. Not to mention a tougher than usual schedule. Yet with all that Boise will still probably win 9 or 10 games this season.

I hate to say it out loud because it gives Wolfpack fans too much satisfaction but that loss really hurt. No way they would have let Boise State into the Championship game but it still cost them the Rose Bowl invite. Boise could have been the one to beat Wisconsin instead to TCU.

That was the worst most painful loss.... By a wide margin!

Welcome aboard!!! I can't imagine Pete rolling down to USC... But this is CFB... So anything unjust and awful is bound to happen.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I think USC will go the NFL route for the next coach if Eddie O doesn't earn the job

The only way they don't go the NFL route is if they can somehow snag Kevin Sumlin from aTm

I don't think Pat will go after CCP.

Just a gut feeling

Totally agree, I just don't think Coach Pete brings enough POP for USC boosters and fans. I'm sure they all know he is a great coach, but they will want someone proven at the highest level.

Rumors or substance? I think it would be a good hire and strategically sound. Sumlin has been great everywhere he has been

ADVERTISEMENT