ADVERTISEMENT

UNC fan here that wants to discuss topics other than Petersen to UNC rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunslingerdick

Feb 16, 2006
I'll start.

It sure snows there a lot, huh? Not as much here in the mid atlantic. I like snow but I probably wouldn't if I lived there. Comments?

Sorry, Boise is a beautiful place and even though it is a bit colder than Chapel Hill I could see myself living there.

Also, right now Boise could claim a national title in 2006, 2009, and probably 2011. When have we ever even sniffed that ability?

So Boise is a nice town with great college football. Whats not to love?

I want Peterson in Chapel Hill as I feel he is a great coach, but I will say this. If he stays in Boise then I wont be mad at him because its a great place.

I know Boise people get all crazy when you talk about their coach potentially leaving, but it is actually a complement. Boise has built the best program in the country and its hard not to be envious and want that.

Having lived in many states, being in the navy, I can say I loved living in Boise the most, overall. Washington State on Puget Sound was awesome, but I wasn't a UW fan, plus I attended BSU. I call Idaho, Texas with mountains... being I'm from Texas and have since moved back to Texas. I would relish the opportunity to move back to Boise. Boise doesn't get a whole lot of snow, being that it is in a valley so it's shielded by the mountains. It does get cold, but not like it does in say, cascade or even Idaho city, once again it's shielded by mountains. The one knock I have is the inversion and air quality factor, it settles in valleys so air quality can get funky. I just wish their was more Hi-Tech, other than Micron or HP in the area.

In Boise no ... very little snow and usually melts very quickly.
In the mountains around Boise yes ... winter sports are less than an hour away.

So ... how's that #1 ranked basketball team of yours doing?
This post was edited on 11/28 3:00 PM by krazyhorse

Originally posted by krazyhorse:

do you really want to take a shot at one single loss by the bball team? that's laughable. at least we will get a shot to actually win a (another) national championship.

Originally posted by paintitcarolinablue:
Originally posted by krazyhorse:

do you really want to take a shot at one single loss by the bball team? that's laughable. at least we will get a shot to actually win a (another) national championship.

Why not. I lived in Las Vegas a long time and I am a huge Runnin Reb fan.

I would say UNC chances of winning national championship in basketball are far great than Boise's chanes of winning a national championship in football.

says the Rutgers fan who will never so much as get a whiff of a National Championship in football or basketball.

roll.gif

You're so ashamed of your team you masquerade as a UCONN fan.

So I have this outrageous hypothetical situation I wanted to throw out there.

I know this football program that is kind of small time. They have a great coach and have made noise on the national scene for the last 5 years or so. But it's in a remote part of the country, probably a hard place to recruit to, and the coach could be making a lot more money somewhere else. Plus, his current school is never going to get a shot at winning a national title. What do you think should happen and what do you think would happen? Do you think that the coach of this purely fictional school should remain at the school for the rest of his career? Or do you think that he might want a change and a new challenge?

Originally posted by gunslingerdick:

I know this football program that is kind of small time. They have a great coach and have made noise on the national scene for the last 5 years or so. But it's in a remote part of the country, probably a hard place to recruit to, and the coach could be making a lot more money somewhere else. Plus, his current school is never going to get a shot at winning a national title. What do you think should happen and what do you think would happen? Do you think that the coach of this purely fictional school should remain at the school for the rest of his career? Or do you think that he might want a change and a new challenge?

Your analogy has multiple fallacies:

I know this football program that is kind of small time - false
They have a great coach and have made noise on the national scene for the last 5 years or so. - false
But it's in a remote part of the country, probably a hard place to recruit to, - false
and the coach could be making a lot more money somewhere else. - maybe
Plus, his current school is never going to get a shot at winning a national title. - false

Originally posted by Gurkha:

Originally posted by gunslingerdick:

Your analogy has multiple fallacies:

I know this football program that is kind of small time - false
They have a great coach and have made noise on the national scene for the last 5 years or so. - false
But it's in a remote part of the country, probably a hard place to recruit to, - false
and the coach could be making a lot more money somewhere else. - maybe
Plus, his current school is never going to get a shot at winning a national title. - false

I said it was a fictional scenario. Did you think I was talking about Boise St? Sheesh, a little egocentric aren't we?

I was just asking, in the purely hypothetical and made up situation, what you think the coach of that ficticious school should do.

You are on our board "dick".... If it isn't related to us then why are you here "dick"....... You are a UNC fan are you not? I think you went to the wrong board, hint hint.....

where did I say Boise St. in my post "dick"? So who are we talking about then? You said Boise St, not I so how am I egocentric again.... "dick"?

You won't pull the sheet over our eyes. To think for one second we don't recognize your innuendo?!?!?!

Who is egocentric?!?!

You try to be sly, but you are exposed "dick"

You are on our board "dick".... If it isn't related to us then why are you here "dick"....... You are a UNC fan are you not? I think you went to the wrong board, hint hint.....

where did I say Boise St. in my post "dick"? So who are we talking about then? You said Boise St, not I so how am I egocentric again.... "dick"?

You won't pull the sheet over our eyes. To think for one second we don't recognize your innuendo?!?!?!

Who is egocentric?!?!

First of all, my friends call me Richard. Feel free to do the same. I can already tell you and I have that certain connection. I look forward to posting here throughout the offseason and into next season.

Now, now, my good friend gurkha, don't try to flip the script. You stated: "your analogy has multiple fallacies". I thought we were clear on what is and what is not an analogy after our exchange in the other thread but you still seem to be confused. What I posted was a purely hypothetical situation - not in any way an analogy. Even if I was thinking about BSU, it still wouldn't have been an analogy. But we digress.

You then proceeded to claim that all my statements, about a made up school mind you, were "false". Well how would you know if those statements were "false" when it was a made up school? You wouldn't. You thought I was referencing BSU and then wanted to set the record straight. I'm offended by your egocentric ways and you jumping to conclusions.

Ok, let's be serious...of course I was referencing BSU. You don't need to be Chief Detective to figure that one out. I wasn't at all being "sly" as you put it. I would call it more smartass-ish than sly. Sly would lead you to believe that I was attempting to fool you through my ruse. When really, I was just trying to pester you a bit into finally discussing that the likelihood of Petersen leaving your school is high. It may not be this year to UNC (although there's an article just today on ESPN on how the UNC job is the best open position). But it's going to happen. So regardless of how angry BSU fans are getting, the rumors aren't going to stop. You might as well take them face on.

Anyway, I don't want to be a trouble-maker. But I do enjoy a war of words on the message board every now and again. So, if prompted, I'll respond. But again, my original intent showing up here was not to flame or bait. It was to see honest opinions from Boise folks on the status of their coach. I, and other Heels, were met with great resistence - which sucked..

But I have no doubt that you and can repair our relationship and start to rebuild. I greatly look forward to our future correspondence and may you and yours have a happy holiday season.

Warmest regards,
Richard
This post was edited on 11/30 1:31 PM by gunslingerdick

Who is egocentric?!?!

my dad lives in meridian and I have to say, he was right about some of you...hope you have a great finish in fb, good luck.

So you start the thread with:
UNC fan here that wants to discuss topics other than Petersen to UNC rumors

Small problem...Richard, you then went down that angle.. should I then take you seriously or are you just being sly? - I'll take sly for 200 Alex!!!

Definition of analogy - a similarity between like features of two things, on which a comparison may be based.

Hence... all you statements are analogies because you were comparing coach, 5 years, more money etc etc. without naming who or what in specifics. So since I am a bronco and you are in my board and those statements pseudo fall into BSU's range and you had made no bones about UNC getting coach Pete, and asked what would you do? So I addressed each point, I could just have easily been thinking TCU...... and the answers would still fit.

And now, "I'm offended by your egocentric ways and you jumping to conclusions." Wait I was thinking TCU not Boise St, am I still an egotist?.... see how that works.....

So naturally based on your title of the thread which you did try and be sly and reference snow in the beginning to all of a sudden.... a veiled question of what do you think a coach will do? Like leading from point A to B to C can somehow be disassociated, when you in fact were referencing BSU, "Ok, let's be serious...of course I was referencing BSU." REALLY?!?!?! YOU WERE.......

So now I'm egocentric for showing light on your little goad?
You then denigrate, "You don't need to be Chief Detective to figure that one out. I wasn't at all being "sly" as you put it."
You cheese everything down, "Sly would lead you to believe that I was attempting to fool you through my ruse. When really, I was just trying to pester you a bit into finally discussing that the likelihood of Petersen leaving your school is high."
So you admit your motives were less than honorable, and now you are giving us pointers, "But it's going to happen. So regardless of how angry BSU fans are getting, the rumors aren't going to stop. You might as well take them face on."

And I'm the egocentric one?!?!?

I believe their is this idiom that fits right now: Go fly a kite

Go fly a kite

Is it windy enough in Boise on a daily basis for kite flying? I love kites and would love to fly them with my children but it's never windy enough around here. Or if it is, I never know about it until it's too late to go get a kite and start flying. Shame really.

You got the definition of analogy correct (Google is awesome!) but clearly you weren't paying attention to the post we both are referencing. I made no comparisons. I made statements about a fictional school (well the jig is up but at the time you responded I hadn't admited it yet. Therefore, you were working only with what I gave you - hence, no analogy). But whatever. Maybe in Idaho it's an analogy and since I'm on your board, I'll relent.

Yes. I eventually was getting back around to Petersen and the possibility of his leaving BSU. You caught me red handed. So now that I've been exposed, can we proceed to discussing what everyone wants to discuss? I'll take the Coach Petersen rumors for $200 Alex. What?!!! Oh, lookie, it's a Daily Double.

Stop taking internet message boards so serious Gurkha.

Yours faithfully,
Richard

Stop taking internet message boards so serious Gurkha.

Still offering advice when it's not wanted.....
I swear is it being an @$$hole in the water in NC/Virgina or what?!

Congratulations statements can be comparisons, omg did I just blow your mind?! When making a statement with no frame of reference for comparison other than.... a fictional school... guess what?!?!?! it's an analogy, did I blow your mind again?!?!?

Let me make this clear... there is this whole other thread concerning rumors of our coach... why you continue to be a forum troll and try to sneak it in here to goad a response is really inhospitable.

BUZZZZ - I'm sorry the answer is you are a troll, no daily double for you.

Please lord for all that is holy go to the other thread for the rumor mill.
HINT HINT>>> THIS ISN'T IT

Hey bsyou can you please lock this thread too please.
This post was edited on 11/30 3:20 PM by Gurkha
This post was edited on 11/30 3:29 PM by Gurkha

Hey bsyou can you please lock this thread to please.

This post was edited on 11/30 3:20 PM by Gurkha

It's too, not to. Looks like you should spend more time on spelling and less on analogies (which you're still getting wrong, but whatever).

But I hear ya. You did go through the trouble of creating a thread for UNC, err other teams' fans to discuss Coach Petersen's job hunt. The least we can do is utilize it. I like it out here in the Gem State. I think I'm going to plant some roots out here on the Snake river and start living off the sugar beets I plan to grow. Way to go Idaho! May it endure forever.

Sorry my spelling offends you so much, as much as you are exposed as a forum troll (but whatever, hold on were you a marine?). All that and you have a problem with "too" (I'm going to use one of your zings for this - Stop taking internet message boards so serious gunslingerdick)... wow

Please utilize the Internet all you wish for analogies, hyperbole, and idioms... they suit you well

Moving along, have a nice day

roll.gif

This post was edited on 11/30 3:41 PM by Gurkha

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT