ADVERTISEMENT

Why Breydon Boyd is so important

Nathan Griffin

Staff
Sep 28, 2016
California
boisestate.rivals.com
We are half-way through the season and have almost reached the 6-month mark since Breydon Boyd verbally committed to Boise State. This is huge, and this is important. It is not something I like to think about, but Darren Lee, Ben Weaver and Tanner Vallejo are all in their last season at BSU. Joe Martarano will be leading this crew next year so it's important to think about who he is leading. Boise State is honestly pretty stacked at Linebacker, but I'm not really here to talk about who is going to be playing next year due to seniority I want to talk about the future of the Boise State Linebackers and it all starts with Breydon Boyd.

He keeps his eyes where the ball is and hunts down runners like any great LB should. Being a senior in High School, it's even better that he shows he has the frame and speed to line-up with the best of them.

Of course, you may be thinking that everyone has areas to improve. Well, of course. He's only a senior in High School and has a lot that he will continue to improve upon. Every linebacker needs to have the skillset to cover the pass and that is all something he can learn with the right coaching.

I believe that Breydon Boyd will be leading BSU's Linebackers in the years to come and I can't wait to watch him improve on and off the field. Welcome to Boise State, Breydon.

I would not be surprised if Boyd saw the field next year as a true freshmen. His instincts and tackling ability alone would be good enough for back up LB and special teams. The sooner he can start improving his pass coverage it would help his chances even more.

Beyond also has the chance to be a leader for the freshmen and eventually the team.

Also I think these type of players need to represent the majority of the Broncos recruiting. Get the high 3 stars from the top high school programs. Sprinkle in 2 4 stars and 2-3 projects/diamonds in the rough and that sounds like a solid recruiting class to me.

Reactions: Nathan Griffin
ADVERTISEMENT