ADVERTISEMENT

Young Discusses First Visit to Boise

MikeWittmann

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2014
Illinois
Earlier this week, verbal commit Mike Young took a visit up to Boise for the first time. Although he committed to the Broncos before ever stepping foot on campus, he had been planning to visit in June for awhile. He returned saying "I enjoyed everything about it." When he started talking about the details of the trip. it was easy to see he wasn't exaggerating.

"It was great to talk with some of the coaches and meet the players. I got to talk with Mario Yakoo and Travis Averill. They talked about campus life and what it was like playing on the team. It's a great coaching staff. I spent time with Coach Harsin, the recruiting directors, and I had a meeting with Coach Huff. He says he can't wait for me to get up there and get to work and see how I develop."

The bonding between Young and the Broncos' coaching staff was on full display as Mike posted this picture, capturing the excitement of both the coaching staff as well as himself.

"I got to tour the academic center, which was nice and I plan on majoring in business as of right now. Seeing the blue field was the best part for me. I got to watch the O-Line work out. It was what I expected for a college workout, meaning more up-tempo than the high school level. It's a faster pace and good to know what I have to do to be ready for it."

Though he was only in town a few days, Young is already thinking of going back up. "I'm taking my official visit sometime in October. Until then I'm just going to attack the future. That's the big motto up here and that's what I'm going to do."

ADVERTISEMENT