ADVERTISEMENT

Spring Ball!

MikeSinger

Gold Member
Mar 7, 2013
Monday March 11th starts spring ball for our Boise State Broncos!

I am pumped, and I'm sure yall are as well! It would be cool if we used this thread to chat about spring ball. Who are you guys excited about?

Heck yea! I'm excited about Shipley. If he's anything like his cousins, he'll be a stud. His tape looks better than Baltazar's as a RB!
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Im more excited to see how much Southwick has matured. If he continues to progress the way he did at the end of the year he could be the 1st Bronco QB drafted in a loooooong time.... If ever.

OL though is the single most important area to watch... Will we have depth?

I'm excited about Joe as well. I'm the biggest Joe supporter there is.
As for the OL, we should be okay if we don't get smashed with Yankees like injury.. 2014 will have some serious depth issues

I couldn't imagine the pressure that these student athletes are under on the football team, let alone a QB. With that said, I've never been a fan of Joe. He did improve vastly throughout the year, but just the simple fact that he stares down his receiver's, is horrible. Now that teams have had a full year of tape on him, I think he's going to throw quite a few more INT's this year.

Don't believe me, go watch the tape.

I'm no serious evaluator, but I just don't see joe staring down recievers like some say... I actually thought he did a good job looking off safety's.

A lot of the plays that Prince call we very short route stuff. Especially early in the year and that made it look like joe was staring... But later in the year when Prince was calling longer developing pass plays I think joe did a very nice job. Add in his willingness to run with a serious attitude also made DBS play with a little more honesty.

But that's just me

Willy, I appreciate your comment but I really have no clue what you're talking about. If you have your opinion on Joe that's cool, but then you say to watch the tape? You clearly have watched no tape.

I recently did a video on breaking down Joe's decision making and he got so much better at not staring down receivers and being patient in the pocket. If you're not a Joe fan, I find it hard to believe one can be a bronco fan...

dumbing down our offense for the offensive coordinator doesn't help. From what I saw last year, it's only a shell of what it used to be. And reading today's statesman article, they're going to simplify it even more.

When Pete says "dumb down the offense" that's what he's telling the dumb media and the dumb fans. Pete knows what he's doing. Don't question him

What Ramrod refers to here as "dumbing down" the offense...........HAPPENS EVERY YEAR. Difference this year is they just made it public knowledge because there were lots of (generally negative) discussions about the new offensive coordinator.

The FACT is they review their playbook EVERY year and eliminate certain things - and they also ADD new plays. Again - this happens EVERY year.

It absolutely does. That's the head coaches job. Dumbing down refers to as Pete said - getting rid of dead weight plays.. Pete is the mastermind. I will never question any of his moves until he gives me reason to.

our offense is nowhere near what it used to be, anyone with half a brain knows that. Go back and watch tape during the Kellen years, they constantly ran shifts, motion etc.... last year, especially in the Vegas bowl, they ran none, it was very vanilla. And yes my original post was directed at our offensive coordinator, who was flat out horrible in the first third of the season.

I agree with what Pete does about 80% of the time, however, I do question his decisions, especially when it comes to special teams.

I totally agree with questioning the special teams... Looking at the two point stuff - high risk, low reward. We'll see what prince and joe do this year

Mike,

We both have our opinions and they are just that, opinions. I stand by mine. Even in your post post, you admit he was staring down receivers. You didn't say that he didn't, you said "he got so much better at not staring down receivers". That implies that A) you identified that he had/has a problem B) He still has the problem (although he's gotten better).

I'm not saying I HATE joe or he's a horrible qb, I'm just saying that in my opinion, he has some glaring flaw's and I've never been a fan of his play. I'm sure he's a great kid and he vastly improved throughout the year. I hope he continues that improvement. Don't take it so personal.

BTW... Calling me out about being a bronco fan, because I'm not a fan of our QB, that's weak. I'm not even going to justify that comment. your new around here, so I'm going to give you a break.

Willy,

Just sick of negative nancy Bronco Fans.. Nothing personal. Just don't tell us to watch the tape when the tape shows his vast improvement..

I'm with Willy on this one "calling out".....

This board has dudes who actually know a thing or two about football. We offer constructive criticism, as well as praise.

If I wanna get called out on something BSU, I'll go over to the zoo and let the blue & orange goggle wearers have at it.

I remember the time I was called out and challenged to a fight cause I said Ian was "tip toeing" through the holes in the Washington game. lol

wasn't it the whole Ian "Dancing with the Stars" meltdown over at the Zoo how we met!!! lol that was so funny.. I was ashamed to be a Msg board guy over that... It seemed pretty clear to me you were dead on... But oh dear heavens you said something negative about IJ and some DB wants to fight!! hahahah

Also heartily agree about special teams... right now Im just hoping CP was trying a few new things out bc of the rule change.. and will perhaps get to a more normalized decision making process in ST's this year.

CG is right, that's how most of us know each other...was the whole IJ thingy, which was no big deal.

I never liked the 2 point conversion when it isn't needed... remember Pettis broke his ankle against Nevada (2 pt try) and was 50% 6 weeks later for the Fiesta Bowl against TCU. I'm pretty sure he broke it in the 1st quarter.

My other issue is the damn "sky ball" kick on kickoffs, I freaking hate that play. We tried that last year in the Vegas bowl with a 15 pt lead, ball went out of bounds, penalty..... Washington scores a quick td.....just kick the ball into the endzone and make them go 80 yards everytime.

Mike,

I accept your apology and appreciate your contributions to the board. Keep up the good work.

ADVERTISEMENT