ADVERTISEMENT

Petersen a possibility...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarhill11

Nov 4, 2006
to coach at UNC? I'm asking to get some realistic feedback from you guys. I love what you're doing and pull for you every game. There seems to be a lot of smoke regarding him entertaining the possibility of coming to UNC.

I REALLY would like to know what possesses PEOPLE LIKE THIS to come HERE and post asinine messages like this. SERIOUSLY.......I REALLY WOULD LIKE TO KNOW what they THINK they are doing.

Do they REALLY think this is going to be received KINDLY here? If so then they REALLY ought to consider a lobotomy because obviously they have no use for the organ between their ears.
chairshot.gif

BUT I do have to give this LATEST buffoon credit for at least managing to spell coach Pete's last name correctly. Whereas the usual twits who come here asking the EXACT SAME QUESTION EVERY YEAR ABOUT THIS TIME normally get it wrong.
This post was edited on 10/31 12:14 PM by BroncoSaurus

I have been watching this situation and I think that if Coach Pete was to take a job on the East coast UNC would be a very attractive job.

From what I've gathered UNC is making a very serious run at hiring Petersen. offering around 3M a year. Chapel Hill is a beautiful city and the media scrutiny (or lack of it) would be very comparable to Boise.

The university itself reminds me a lot of Stanford and would get the same kind of recruits Petersen likes ... ones smart enough to run his offensive and defensive schemes.

I think this this job is one Coach Pete will listen to and seriously look at. (unlike so many others)

But in the end I think he is a west coast guy and just not ready to uproot his family ... yet.

Originally posted by bsyou:
I have been watching this situation and I think that if Coach Pete was to take a job on the East coast UNC would be a very attractive job.

From what I've gathered UNC is making a very serious run at hiring Petersen. offering around 3M a year. Chapel Hill is a beautiful city and the media scrutiny (or lack of it) would be very comparable to Boise.

The university itself reminds me a lot of Stanford and would get the same kind of recruits Petersen likes ... ones smart enough to run his offensive and defensive schemes.

I think this this job is one Coach Pete will listen to and seriously look at. (unlike so many others)

But in the end I think he is a west coast guy and just not ready to uproot his family ... yet.

Thanks for the intelligent response versus what could have been posted
wink.gif

Obviously, we would love to have him, but we are hearing the medical situation with his family is a big hurdle, however, UNC and Duke are two of the top hospitals in the country.

Thanks again and good luck for the remainder of the season.

you're welcome.

You have to understand though that Boise State fans are sensitive to the 'we are going to hire your coach' posts.

EVERY single head coaching job that has come open in the last 6 years has resulted in their fans coming here to announce they were going to hire Petersen. Most do not understand that Petersen is different in that he does not follow the bigger pay check or higher profile job.

He looks at and evaluates overall quality of life for his family and his staff. Bigger does not mean better, nor does more money. Like recruits he looks at the whole package.

when is the NCAA going to complete their investigation of UNC... that may play a role

why go to UNC and play second fiddle to the bb program? we heard same crap about sumlin. we all need to join Big East, retain bcs status and be able to sign are coaches

I don't think BSU needs the big east, I don't think coach pete wants to go east. If he is thinking about I would like to talk to him, I worked for UNC chapel hill for about 5 years, as I am boise grown I know the differences. They are extreme to say the least, from climate to personalities.

That place is a graveyard for Coaches.

Let's hope not. It is a BB school first, and will alway be. He ought to hold out for a Pac 12 or Big 12 school. (SEC seems too far from his base.)

Coming to a Boise State fan website and asking this question is akin to a stranger walking into your home (uninvited) and then asking if you would mind if he had sex with both your wife and your daughter.

It is that RUDE as far as I am concerned. Only a completely clueless nitwit would ask this kind of question here. And yet, EVERY YEAR AT THIS TIME OF YEAR, a handful of these brainless clods come here and ask this SAME QUESTION whenever THEIR school of choice fires their head football coach.

"So you're telling me there's a chance. Yeah! I read ya."

I do agree with you, I am quite sure most of the posters on the UNC board would hit the roof if people came asking about Roy every year.

Originally posted by BroncoSaurus:
Coming to a Boise State fan website and asking this question is akin to a stranger walking into your home (uninvited) and then asking if you would mind if he had sex with both your wife and your daughter.

It is that RUDE as far as I am concerned. Only a completely clueless nitwit would ask this kind of question here. And yet, EVERY YEAR AT THIS TIME OF YEAR, a handful of these brainless clods come here and ask this SAME QUESTION whenever THEIR school of choice fires their head football coach.

OK, I tried to be civil, but you can't return the same. What CLUELESS NITWIT that's a fan of Boise State wouldn't think that their really good coach won't get offered by better schools. UNC is one of the top public schools in the country. No we don't have a blue field, but our facilities are top-notch and the money will be there. He could come to Chapel Hill and basically OWN the ACC if he recruits well.

BTW, there is NO WAY IN HELL I'd want to have sex with YOUR wife
wink.gif

Originally posted by tarhill11:

OK, I tried to be civil, but you can't return the same. What CLUELESS NITWIT that's a fan of Boise State wouldn't think that their really good coach won't get offered by better schools. UNC is one of the top public schools in the country. No we don't have a blue field, but our facilities are top-notch and the money will be there. He could come to Chapel Hill and basically OWN the ACC if he recruits well.

wink.gif

I know he is not lying about having sex with any woman, he cheers for San Francisco East.

Originally posted by pirateland:

wink.gif

I know he is not lying about having sex with any woman, he cheers for San Francisco East.

trust me, im as far from the san francisco east way of life as one could be.

seriously, dont get mad guys, i just came over here and asked a question. and BTW, comparing unc fans getting mad if other teams visited our site asking bout roy to people asking about petersen is a bit far fetched.

Originally posted by pirateland:

wink.gif

trust me, im as far from the san francisco east way of life as one could be.

seriously, dont get mad guys, i just came over here and asked a question. and BTW, comparing unc fans getting mad if other teams visited our site asking bout roy to people asking about petersen is a bit far fetched.

Only from the mind of a turdhole!
laugh.gif

What's amazing is Turdhole's think that a quality coach like yours would actually want to come to that dirty, cheating shit hole.

Originally posted by Hokie Ranger:
What's amazing is Turdhole's think that a quality coach like yours would actually want to come to that dirty, cheating shit hole.

yeah, sort of like your rakeface beamer did...and then reneged on his commitment. youre just mad because vt lost to boise and has an empty national champion trophy case.

btw, whats up with all the butt pirate fans over here? sweatin boise nuts hoping they get a big east invite?

Well tarhill you just proved what level of validity you have. Enjoy being insignificant with NC for years to come.

wink.gif

Think we have heard this before. This was the sales pitch to Butch. They couldn't cheat and win. But every year they start off by declaring themselves National Title contenders. Then the season starts. I hope Petersen does turn the money down. He don't want to live in the fag capital of eastern United States. They can't even wait for the season to end to distract your coach and team.

damn, boise fans are sensitive. especially this guy. also, it would depend on what your wife and daughter looked like.

Well, if you are dumb enough to lump all Boise State fans with me then you are just too stupid to even bother with. So you have now become the third individual in this thread to earn a spot on my IRNORE list.
uzi.gif

This post was edited on 11/15 12:05 PM by BroncoSaurus

Originally posted by bsyou:
No one has talked to Petersen to date.

He probably has not said no yet because he won't even listen to an offer till after the current season is over.

ehh, uhh

he gave his agent the ok to talk with our ad on sunday after the tcu game.

I come in peace you guys...my dad lives in meridian and goes to your games often...having said that, I still want your coach...love his attitude, his style, his teams and the energy of the fan base.

was pulling for you guys to get to the title game vs someone fwiw.

A couple tweets today from Yahoo Sports writer Dan Wetzel following an interview with an unnamed AD:

College football administrator on endless Chris Petersen job speculation "it'll take dynamite to get him out of Boise"

Same admin on Petersen: "It's not that he'll compare a job w Boise and then choose Boise. He won't even think it over"

believe those tweets if uou want. if hes not entertaining it...then why is he bring his family to chapel hill for a visit on 12/5???

believe those tweets if uou want. if hes not entertaining it...then why is he bring his family to chapel hill for a visit on 12/5???

Bullsh!t ... Petersen will not be doing anything on the 5th except getting ready to play a bowl game ... probably three days later on the 8th in Las Vegas.

Originally posted by krazyhorse:

Bullsh!t ... Petersen will not be doing anything on the 5th except getting ready to play a bowl game ... probably three days later on the 8th in Las Vegas.

care to wager on that???

It's about to get REAL interesting. Although I still think that Petersen to UNC is a longshot.

Originally posted by krazyhorse:

care to wager on that???

You're right. I was wrong.

The Las Vegas Bowl is on the 22nd not the 8th. The Awards Show is on the 8th in Florida and he will probably be there with Kellen Moore. But he still won't be in Chapel Hill on the 5th or any other day for a visit.

Petersen is NOT going to North Carolina.

This post was edited on 11/22 1:39 AM by krazyhorse

Just so you guys know I back you relentlessly on the main board (you can look up my posts) and do think that if Georgia beats LSU (or whoever) in the SEC championship game that you should be the default NC since its a freaking beauty contest anyways.

In regards to Peterson. I think he is probably the best coach in college football; that gets more out of his players than Saban, Urban, or Miles combined. He is a winner and he does it with style. I really dont know what will happen with the coaching search but even though I hope he ends up in Chapel Hill I wont fault him for staying in Boise. Boise is a great place and he helped build one of the best football teams in the country........

That's nice but the claims that Petersen is visiting UNC are completely false!

And to spread unfounded rumors that would indicate he is interested in leaving Boise State does nothing but hurt Boise State's recruiting efforts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT