ADVERTISEMENT

Petersen a possibility...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wake me up when North Carolina hires their new head coach (whose last name will not be Petersen). What is North Carolina now......about the 20th school whose fans have deluded themselves into believing THEY are going to get Petersen? Maybe it's up to 30 now........it's difficult to keep track.

Pre-Thanksgiving special here for all of you delusional North Carolina fans who actually are soooooooooooooooooo DENSE that you believe this twaddle - I have LOTS of ocean-front property lots for sale in Kansas and for YOU GUYS I will make it a two-for one deal. Buy one lot of ocean-front property in Kansas for the low-low price of only $10,000 and I'll throw in a SECOND lot for free. I know you guys will buy this because CLEARLY............YOU WILL BUY JUST ABOUT ANYTHING.
roll.gif

^^^ no need for YOUR oceanfront property....we have plenty in nc. along with mountains too
wink.gif

once again, i respect your program, but i disagree with you. if he isnt going anywhere...why wont he deny it?

Coach Pete has never responded to coaching rumors during the season. He pretty much lets everyone else talk about it.

Tar Heel here and I want to chime in.

1 - I love BSU, the blue field, the way your program has been built and pretty much everything about your football program. I have great respect for what Petersen has done.

2 -
Originally posted by BroncoSaurus:
Coming to a Boise State fan website and asking this question is akin to a stranger walking into your home (uninvited) and then asking if you would mind if he had sex with both your wife and your daughter.

It is that RUDE as far as I am concerned. Only a completely clueless nitwit would ask this kind of question here. And yet, EVERY YEAR AT THIS TIME OF YEAR, a handful of these brainless clods come here and ask this SAME QUESTION whenever THEIR school of choice fires their head football coach.

That might be the worst analogy in the history of message boards...and that's saying something because I've seen some pretty bad analogies. First of all, an internet message board is a public forum, unlike my house. That's why you don't need a key to get in here and you won't be shot for doing so - which also is not the case at my house. Secondly, you have your priorities all out of whack if you're comparing sex with people's daughters and wives with a school talking to a football coach. Lastly, you can't possibly think that Petersen was going to do what he's done in Boise and not have other schools come after him. This post quoted above is an absolute fail. And I mean that in the most respectful way.

3 - What's with the ECU and NCSU fans coming here. Daaaaammn, that just shows who's obsessed with whom. NCSU has beaten us 5 years running yet they coming to the BSU board to tear down the Heels. It's funny the way little brothers get.

4 - I'm pulling for you guys to end up in the BCS title game but I'm afraid it's not going to happen. I think we'll get a rematch of LSU and Bama.

Good luck the rest of the way and good luck keeping Petersen. If he doesn't come to Chapel Hill, I hope he stays in Boise.

1. Thank you for your support.
2. This is not an analogy it's a hyperbole

We take our coach seriously, since we have been pilfered way to often. this may be a public forum, but coming in to say... Hey did you know your coach is visiting NC and he will become our coach because he's not denying it....

Should we all of a sudden just say... really, golly awesome for you?!?!?!?

If indeed you say this is a public forum in which people can come in and say outlandish things... then guess what... it works both ways.....

WTF is this "Lastly, you can't possibly think that Petersen was going to do what he's done in Boise and not have other schools come after him. This post quoted above is an absolute fail. And I mean that in the most respectful way." REALLY?!?!?! scold someone on their own board and then try to soften the blow with "And I mean that in the most respectful way."

No you didn't, you came to chastise wrapped in a false pretense, way to go in sandwiching it between point 1 and 4. However, you are outed, good luck to you and your ilk but please don't feed the trolls, lest you become one.
This post was edited on 11/23 11:38 AM by Gurkha

Originally posted by tarhill11:
Originally posted by krazyhorse:
believe those tweets if uou want. if hes not entertaining it...then why is he bring his family to chapel hill for a visit on 12/5???

Bullsh!t ... Petersen will not be doing anything on the 5th except getting ready to play a bowl game ... probably three days later on the 8th in Las Vegas.

care to wager on that???

I'll wager you're a troll......
This post was edited on 11/23 11:38 AM by Gurkha

1. - You "love BSU" etc............yawn.

2. - I see no reason to CARE if you like the analogy or not.

3. - Irrelevant and unimportant.

4. - Oh goody......lucky us.

P.S. The pre-Thanksgiving offer to you completely delusional N.C. fans still stands. Buy one ocean-front Kansas lot and you get a 2nd lot FREE. Hurry now - time is running out.
roll.gif

Originally posted by Gurkha:
1. Thank you for for your support.

We take our coach seriously, since we have been pilfered way to often. this may be a public forum, but coming in to say... Hey did you know your coach is visiting NC and he will become our coach because he's not denying it....

If indeed you say this is a public forum in which people can come in and say outlandish things... then guess what... it works both ways.....

WTF is this "Lastly, you can't possibly think that Petersen was going to do what he's done in Boise and not have other schools come after him. This post quoted above is an absolute fail. And I mean that in the most respectful way." REALLY?!?!?! scold someone on their own board and then try to soften the blow with "And I mean that in the most respectful way."

No you didn't, you came to chastise wrapped in a false pretense, way to go in sandwiching it between point 1 and 4. However, you are outed, good luck to you and your ilk but please don't feed the trolls, lest you become one.

Read the OP again. He was pretty respectful in his tone and IMO didn't say anything offensive. If you are taking offense to him coming here at all and inquiring as to your thoughts about the Petersen rumors, well, then I don't really have anything to say. The OP didn't start the rumors. He's simply asking your opinion and then many here went on to blast him for,again, doing nothing but asking an innocent question in a respectful manner.

I get it. You guys get all bent out of shape every year when other programs come knocking on Petersen's door. I'm sure it would eventually get tiresome to me if I was a fan of a school and coach where that happened. So I understand your frustration.

In direct response to your quoted post, I did not come with the intent to chastise anyone. Maybe using the words "complete fail" was a bit too harsh and for that I apologize to whoever it was that posted that message. But the point remains, the analogy was a terrible one and I feel the OP was being genuine and polite.

Anyway, like I said, I've always liked the BSU program and pulled for them. I'll leave this board before my fondness diminishes.

Good luck.

Originally posted by gunslingerdick:
1. Thank you for for your support.

Read the OP again. He was pretty respectful in his tone and IMO didn't say anything offensive. If you are taking offense to him coming here at all and inquiring as to your thoughts about the Petersen rumors, well, then I don't really have anything to say. The OP didn't start the rumors. He's simply asking your opinion and then many here went on to blast him for,again, doing nothing but asking an innocent question in a respectful manner.

I get it. You guys get all bent out of shape every year when other programs come knocking on Petersen's door. I'm sure it would eventually get tiresome to me if I was a fan of a school and coach where that happened. So I understand your frustration.

In direct response to your quoted post, I did not come with the intent to chastise anyone. Maybe using the words "complete fail" was a bit too harsh and for that I apologize to whoever it was that posted that message. But the point remains, the analogy was a terrible one and I feel the OP was being genuine and polite.

Anyway, like I said, I've always liked the BSU program and pulled for them. I'll leave this board before my fondness diminishes.

Good luck.

OMFG.... Didn't read the message at all did you?! hyperbole != analogy

It has nothing to do with the "original post" it has to do with his brainless other posts.....

And again with:
"Anyway, like I said, I've always liked the BSU program and pulled for them. I'll leave this board before my fondness diminishes."

False praise is false praise...
He is an example: I've always like North Carolina I pull for them in the NCAA tourney, but I'll leave this board before my affection fades"
Oh wait.... I didn't go and do this on YOUR BOARD..... get the clue yet?

And still the important point is being missed.

Posting all over the internet that Petersen and his family are visiting Chapel Hill and seriously considering taking the North Carolina job when he isn't could be very damaging to their recruiting efforts.

I wonder how many current commits saw all that BS and called the Boise State coaches? A lot of Boise's current commits are still being actively recruited by some pretty good programs and might jump to another school if they thought Petersen wasleaving.

He's NOT.

Originally posted by bsyou:
And still the important point is being missed.

Posting all over the internet that Petersen and his family are visiting Chapel Hill and seriously considering taking the North Carolina job when he isn't could be very damaging to their recruiting efforts.

I wonder how many current commits saw all that BS and called the Boise State coaches? A lot of Boise's current commits are still being actively recruited by some pretty good programs and might jump to another school if they thought Petersen wasleaving.

He's NOT.

Amen brotha

Guys, I'm sure you hate hearing about this...every year during this time of year. However, what has happened in the past is in the past, I would encourage you to take a look at today. Things are not the same and regardless what some folks in the world think, UNC is a VERY attractive job. Supurb factilities, strong academics, weak BCS AQ conference and located in simply one of the best parts of the US.

I'm not here to say he's taking the job, but those of you who are so adamitly refusing it should take a deep breath...

Originally posted by Otis4411:

Originally posted by BroncoSaurus:
Coming to a Boise State fan website and asking this question is akin to a stranger walking into your home (uninvited) and then asking if you would mind if he had sex with both your wife and your daughter.

It is that RUDE as far as I am concerned. Only a completely clueless nitwit would ask this kind of question here. And yet, EVERY YEAR AT THIS TIME OF YEAR, a handful of these brainless clods come here and ask this SAME QUESTION whenever THEIR school of choice fires their head football coach.

OK, I tried to be civil, but you can't return the same. What CLUELESS NITWIT that's a fan of Boise State wouldn't think that their really good coach won't get offered by better schools. UNC is one of the top public schools in the country. No we don't have a blue field, but our facilities are top-notch and the money will be there. He could come to Chapel Hill and basically OWN the ACC if he recruits well.

BTW, there is NO WAY IN HELL I'd want to have sex with YOUR wife
wink.gif

Think we have heard this before. This was the sales pitch to Butch. They couldn't cheat and win. But every year they start off by declaring themselves National Title contenders. Then the season starts. I hope Petersen does turn the money down. He don't want to live in the fag capital of eastern United States. They can't even wait for the season to end to distract your coach and team.

They can't even wait for the season to end to distract your coach and team

Yeh, ask Arizona, Texas, Wichita State, VCU, and every other basketball coach State tried to get, if they were in the middle of the NCAA tournament when the famous every 5 year state basketball coach search came inquiring about their coaches.

Otis your a joke bro, going from board to board looking for a UNC thread to share your envy.

Sorry BSU fans, Otis didn't introduce himself. His name is Otis, and apparently he is the biggest UNC fan around because you can find him on any message board by looking under a thread that has UNC in the topic! Sorry he brought his obsession here also.
This post was edited on 11/23 1:21 PM by 4realheel

Originally posted by paintitcarolinablue:
Guys, I'm sure you hate hearing about this...every year during this time of year. However, what has happened in the past is in the past, I would encourage you to take a look at today. Things are not the same and regardless what some folks in the world think, UNC is a VERY attractive job. Supurb factilities, strong academics, weak BCS AQ conference and located in simply one of the best parts of the US.

I'm not here to say he's taking the job, but those of you who are so adamitly refusing it should take a deep breath...

Please for the sake of sanity, we are not saying NC is bad or has crappy facilities. We are wondering why the hell are NC people coming to our boards to extol the greatness that is NC and say our coach is going there with ZERO facts and then when we say no he is not you guys say "take a deep breath"?!?!?!

I ask again WHY THE F*** are you here glorifying your school on our board and proceed to manufacture claims of coach Pete leaving Boise State to go to NC and then denigrating us when we say no he is not?!?!?!?

Why should I take a look?!?!?! because you tell me too??? How about NO, and please go troll your own board. You came to our house and we say what we want here, you are welcome to join but don't pretend like saying our coach is leaving to go to your school is somehow kosher.... let me clue you in since the rest of your ilk can't take a hint.... it isn't. Understand? Now you take a deep breath u-turn to your own board and gossip all you want there, planting lunacy here is neither required or desired.

Originally posted by paintitcarolinablue:

Please for the sake of sanity, we are not saying NC is bad or has crappy facilities. We are wondering why the hell are NC people coming to our boards to extol the greatness that is NC and say our coach is going there with ZERO facts and then when we say no he is not you guys say "take a deep breath"?!?!?!

I ask again WHY THE F*** are you here glorifying your school on our board and proceed to manufacture claims of coach Pete leaving Boise State to go to NC and then denigrating us when we say no he is not?!?!?!?

Why should I take a look?!?!?! because you tell me too??? How about NO, and please go troll your own board. You came to our house and we say what we want here, you are welcome to join but don't pretend like saying our coach is leaving to go to your school is somehow kosher.... let me clue you in since the rest of your ilk can't take a hint.... it isn't. Understand? Now you take a deep breath u-turn to your own board and gossip all you want there, planting lunacy here is neither required or desired.

The OP didn't do any of the things that you say in this post. He was not rude. he did not say that Coach Pete is coming to UNC. He simply asked, in a respectful manner, "what do you guys think of the Coach Pete to UNC rumors?" And instead of your posters saying, "welcome to the board. We don't think Coach Pete is going anywhere because we see these rumors pop up every year yet here he still is. But good luck in your coaching search", your posters chose to compare sex with his wife and daughter to us asking about your football coach.

Again, I understand your frustration. But you're trying to paint the OP in a bad light as if he asked to be treated like crap here at your board. He didn't. He asked your opinion. And while you gave it, I feel that you could have done in a much more respectful way.

Thanks and good luck.

No one has talked to Petersen to date.

He probably has not said no yet because he won't even listen to an offer till after the current season is over.
wrong
smilie2.gif

No, I'm not wrong.

He has not talked to anyone from North Carolina
His agent has not talked to anyone from North Carolina
And he and his family are not visiting Chapel Hill

Sorry

No disrespect, but you are wrong. Not saying Petersen is a lock to be our next Coach but our new AD bubba cunningham has spoke with Petersen and agent particularly after the TCU game.

No, I'm not wrong.

Sorry
Just play along with them. It makes it better!!

The OP didn't do any of the things that you say in this post. He was not rude.(HIS DB QUESTION PUT HIM IN THAT CATAGORY) he did not say that Coach Pete is coming to UNC (YES HE DID, READ THE WHOLE THREAD!!!!). He simply asked, in a respectful manner, "what do you guys think of the Coach Pete to UNC rumors? (WE DON"T GIVE A FLYING F***, WE DON'T CARE ABOUT RUMORS) But since you entertain the notion, what if I came to your board and said your star basketball coach was coming to Boise!!!, He's visiting and he's not denying it so what do you think about that?!?!?!?!" And instead of your posters saying, "welcome to the board. We don't think Coach Pete is going anywhere because we see these rumors pop up every year yet here he still is. But good luck in your coaching search", your posters chose to compare sex with his wife and daughter to us asking about your football coach (IT WASN"T AN ANALOGY, IT WAS HYPERBOLE, TO GET YOUR ATTENTION THAT WE DON'T CARE FOR GOSSIP, RUMOR, OR INNUENDO, SO PLEASE GTFO!!!! BECAUSE WE HEAR IT FROM EVERYBODY AND WE LIKE TO KEEP OUR BOARD TO OURSELVES AND INTELLIGENT PEOPLE, WE LIKE TO BE COUTH IN OUR BANTER) .

Again, I understand your frustration.(NO YOU DON'T, YOU MAY SAY YOU DO, BUT IN REALITY YOU DON'T BECAUSE YOU WOULD KNOW, IF YOU WERE IN THE SAME SITUATION, THAT WHEN PEOPLE ARE SENSITIVE ABOUT CERTAIN THING, YOU DON'T COME INTO THEIR HOUSE TO ESPOUSE RUMOR AS FACT...IN THERE HOUSE!!!! But you're trying to paint the OP in a bad light (NO WE ARE NOT, IF WE WERE ON YOUR BOARD THEN YOU COULD SAY WE ARE, BUT THIS IS OUR HOUSE, HE STUCK HIS FOOT IN HIS OWN MOUTH. WE ARE JUST POINTING IT OUT) as if he asked to be treated like crap here at your board.(HE DID WITH ESPOUSING B*******, I LIKE PENN JILLETE HE POINTS THINGS OUT WITHOUT SUGAR COATING IT, THE OP'S DIATRIBE WAS UTTER B*******, DISGUISED AS A QUESTION He didn't (BY TOPIC, HE DID). He asked your opinion.(NO HE DIDN'T HE PUT FORTH A GARBAGE RUMOR AND WANTED US TO COMMENT, MUCH LIKE DROPPING A GRENADE INTO THE ROOM JUST TO SEE WHAT WOULD HAPPEN) And while you gave it, I feel that you could have done in a much more respectful way. (PLEASE DEAR LORD, GIVE ME YOUR ADDRESS SO I CAN DROP IN ON YOU WHEN YOU HAVE ALL YOUR NC FRIENDS THERE SO I CAN PUT FORTH RUMOR "HEY I HEARD YOUR BASKETBALL TEAM WAS GOING TO GET THE DEATH PENALTY FOR NCAA VIOLATIONS, WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THAT?"

Thanks and good luck.GOOD LUCK TO YOU, PLEASE DON'T COME BACK

You sir have been relegated to the dustbin of ineptitude, sure the OP started with good intentions, but just like the OP your true colors came out. The whole, well he's coming for a visit to NC and and he's not denying taking a position at NC etc etc... both of you are like a cancer you have to just grow and fester. You respond without even reading the post and regurgitate non-sense like you're espousing gospel. Like I said before, your input is neither required nor desired, but you just won't quit, like cancer. I'm glad the ignore feature is available because it's getting real handy. I thought the folks from NC would be courteous, being that my father and his side of the family are from NC, but apparently they like to meddle and can't take a hint of... YOU ARE NOT WELCOME IF YOU ESPOUSE GOSSIP IN OUR HOUSE!!!!!! I sure as hell don't know how to spell it out any more clearer.

If you do somehow read this... don't click reply and espouse more verbiage we don't want to read, just go to your own board and gossip there, PLEASE.

Originally posted by 4realheel:
No, I'm not wrong.

Sorry

No disrespect, but you are wrong. Not saying Petersen is a lock to be our next Coach but our new AD bubba cunningham has spoke with Petersen and agent particularly after the TCU game.

Disrespect or not, unless you have any proof at all of what you're saying is true you need to provide it ... otherwise drop it.

None of the Petersen/UNC rumors are true. And yes, I am that sure of it.

No, I'm not wrong.

Sorry

Disrespect or not, unless you have any proof at all of what you're saying is true you need to provide it ... otherwise drop it.

Why was Mrs. Petersen in Chapel Hill already then?

Why has CP not said no?

Again, not saying it's a done deal, but there is alot of dealing going on and 3.2 million is alot of money, not to mention a 2.8 million dollar coaching staff salary has been approved also. We will see.

No, I'm not wrong.

Sorry

Why was Mrs. Petersen in Chapel Hill already then?

Why has CP not said no?

Again, not saying it's a done deal, but there is alot of dealing going on and 3.2 million is alot of money, not to mention a 2.8 million dollar coaching staff salary has been approved also. We will see.

She wasn't.

He will not even listen to a job offer during the season (never has never will) so it would be pretty hard to deny something he hasn't gotten.

NO credible source has reported any of this. Only anonymous fans on message boards. ( another reason Petersen has said nothing he does not like these recruiting message boards and would never address anything posted on them.) I told you before to post proof or drop it and you haven't.

End of subject

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT